So … today Donald Trump decided it would be a wise move to pick a public fight with… the pope.
Yes, Trump found it ingenious to attack the pope for praying for dead illegal immigrants and holding mass on the border to Mexico … the pope answered:
“A person who thinks only about building walls and not about building bridges is not a christian, it is not in the gospel, and im not saying to vote for this guy or that guy, i am simply saying that this guy is not a christian if he has said those things”
This is what we call a divine smackdown !
…and what does it mean for the race? Well, so far every round of mudwrestling has been an advantage for Donald Trump. He has been pure teflon. Nothing annoys his voters. But. This time he may have taken one step too far – time will tell, but catholics tend to be rather proud of their new progressive pope and there are A LOT of republican catholics soon headed to vote in the primaries across the country … time will tell !
- The results from the Nevada republican caucus are in and Donald Trump took it in a landslide. Currently the count is: Donald Trump 45% Marco Rubio 24% Ted Cruz 21%1, Ben Carson 6% John Kasich 4% These are the numbers with only 14% counted but victory has long since been…Tags: trump, donald
- First they were 17. Now they are 4. The state of the republican race is more exciting and unpredictable than ever despite the winnowing of the field. Ben Carson being the latest candidate to drop out, but the battle between Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and John Kasich is…Tags: trump, donald, republican, race
- Is Donald Trump a Fascist ? A short little article today inspired by several people writing in with statements like "Look at the fighting at the Trump rally tonight, he is clearly a fascist", "What Trump says about muslims is no better than what Hitler said about jews" and so…Tags: trump, donald, immigrants, illegal
- New poll out from Utah shows a very different picture to the below: Utah Opinion Poll: Cruz 53%, John Kasich 29%, Donald Trump 11% (Likely Caucus goers) This might very well be an example of an endorsement that actually influences the votes: Mitt Romney endorsing Ted Cruz in Utah might…Tags: trump, well, donald, republican
- Political satire is as old as politics itself. We love poking fun at the powers that be. With the coming of the internet a tsunami of homemade political satire, caricatures of political figures and homemade infographics ranging from the bizarrely biased to the outrageously inflammatory has hit us like a…Tags: donald, trump
Get out and explore the world of politics, the cultures and the people. At Electomatic we recommend DoloTrip Travel Blog for exciting holiday inspiration and general travel news.